The Food Buyer's Guide to Farm Friendly Food
Joel Salatin is an honest-to-goodness-dirt-under-the-fingernails, optimistic, clean food farmer. This book is written to help:
- Empower food buyers to pursue positive alternatives to the industrialised food system.
- Bring clean food farmers and their patrons into a teamwork relationship
- Marry the best of western technology with the soul of eastern ethics
- Educate food buyers about productions
- Create a food system that enhances nature's ecology for future generations.
The one overriding objective is to encourage food buyers to embrace the notion that menus are a conscious decision, creating the next generation's world, one bite at a time.
Farmers who recommend this book to folks say the feedback from folks is 'a new level of understanding & a delightful attitude about the farmer-consumer relationship'.
A short, easy read, this book will make you laugh and cry, all in a matter of minutes.
The foreword is by internationally renowned author Michael Pollan, whose "Omnivore's Dilemma" has catapulted the local food movement to a new level.
Any consumer wanting to peek into the life behind the local food farmer will be delighted at the insights and real-life stories Joel shares from his own marketing experience.
Don't let the size fool you. This book says a lot in a few pages.